Friday 13 May 2016

*~* You Must Show Compassion *~*

Every act of kindness you showed to
 someone in need, as well as every time you
 turned a blind eye, you’ll account for when
 you stand at the judgment 
(see 2 Corinthians 5:10)
Jesus will recount them one by one - one
 deed done to improve the lot of another
 person, even small ones. 
Indeed, everything Jesus mentioned
seems small: ‘I was hungry
 and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you
 gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took
 Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was
 sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and
 you came to Me’ 
(Matthew 25:35-36 NKJV)
The early Church father Chrysostom
 pointed out, ‘We do not hear “I was sick and
 you healed me,” or “I was in prison and you
 liberated me.”’ So that does away with the
 excuse, ‘How could I heal a sick person or
 liberate someone who’s enslaved?’ Jesus
 said, ‘I was sick and you visited Me; I was in
 prison and you came to Me.’ These works of
 mercy are simple deeds, and yet in these
 simple deeds we serve Jesus. 
Astoundingthis truth: 
we serve Christ by serving needy people. 
Some of them are refugees, or living
 on the streets. Maybe they've made mistakes
 or been caught up in circumstances they
 can’t control. You can’t help all of them, but
 you can help some of them!
And when you do, you serve Jesus. 
That’s what Jesus will talk to you about 
when you stand before Him one day.

RECOMMENDED RESOURCES: THE VICTORIOUS CHRISTIAN

No comments:

Post a Comment